Video: SWAT raids wrong home after threats against police
Police were executing a search warrant for computer equipment, which they said was used to make anonymous and specific online threats against police and their families
By John Martin
Evansville Courier & Press
EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Stephanie Milan, 18, was relaxing in her family's living room Thursday watching the Food Network when a heavily armed squad of Evansville police officers arrived on the front porch.
Dressed in full protective gear, police broke the storm door of the home at 616 East Powell Ave. — the Milans' front door already was open on the hot summer day. They also broke a front window.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform