Ga. man held after standoff in car
The man released a hostage, but threatened officers with a gun and claimed there were explosives in the car
By Mike Morris
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — A Gwinnett County intersection was shut down Wednesday morning during a police standoff with an armed motorist who told officers he had explosives in his car.
The incident began after a man allegedly battered a female in a vehicle at the Shell station on Ga. 20 at Russell Road near Lawrenceville.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. man held after standoff in car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms