Ga. man held after standoff in car
The man released a hostage, but threatened officers with a gun and claimed there were explosives in the car
By Mike Morris
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — A Gwinnett County intersection was shut down Wednesday morning during a police standoff with an armed motorist who told officers he had explosives in his car.
The incident began after a man allegedly battered a female in a vehicle at the Shell station on Ga. 20 at Russell Road near Lawrenceville.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. man held after standoff in car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house