Standoff suspect: 'Get those cops away...going to kill every one of them'
Officers knew suspect was armed and had an extensive history with the police department
Post & Courier
MOUNT PLEASANT — During the first half of a police standoff 11 days ago, Richard Cathcart III made his threats clear by dialing 911 three times.
In each of his first two calls, the 60-year-old Parish Place resident told a dispatcher to relay a message: "Tell the cops to go away!"
But patrol officers from the Mount Pleasant Police Department followed their training in dealing with Cathcart, a man who was armed with a pistol and had access to even greater firepower and the know-how to use it.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police