Retired trooper recalls capture of DC snipers 10 years ago at Md. rest stop
Smith said he remembers where the Chevrolet Caprice with New Jersey tags was parked
By Dan Dearth
MYERSVILLE, Md. — The rest stop off Interstate 70 near Myersville, Md., has been renovated since two of this century's most notorious serial killers were captured there 10 years ago Wednesday.
Retired Maryland State Trooper 1st Class D. Wayne Smith said the parking area is bigger and larger buildings have been constructed to replace the former welcome center.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation