San Diego PD Officers Kill Man in SWAT Standoff
SAN DIEGO - Officers today shot and killed an apparently suicidal man after he pointed a rifle at officers during a SWAT standoff in Oak Park, police said.
Officers responded to a call at about 9 p.m. yesterday about a man armed with a rifle and threatening suicide at a residence in the 2200 block of Haniman Drive, said San Diego police Lt. Dave Rohowits.
When the man refused to come out, a SWAT team surrounded the residence and negotiators were called in, Rohowits said.
The standoff came to an end at about 1 a.m. today when police shot and killed the man after he emerged from the residence with a rifle and "leveled it at SWAT officers," Rohowits said.
The man's identity was not immediately released.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house