Ark. State Police won't probe 107-year-old's death
A State Police spokesman said the department has declined a request to probe the incident in which the man fired and officers returned fire, killing him
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Arkansas State Police says it won't investigate the shooting death of a 107-year-old Arkansas man who was killed in a standoff with officers last weekend.
State Police Spokesman Bill Sadler said Thursday the department has declined a request by the Jefferson County prosecutor to investigate the incident surrounding the death of Monroe Isadore in Pine Bluff on Saturday. Pine Bluff police say Isadore opened fire on officers who returned fire, killing him.
State Police declined Jefferson County Prosecutor Kyle Hunter's request for an investigation in a letter dated Wednesday.
Authorities have said they tried using a camera, negotiating tactics and gas before shooting Isadore. But the shooting has prompted questions from residents and some city leaders.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help