Video: Colo. hostage situation ends in shooting
Dramatic video shows suspect leaving a 7-Eleven store with a hostage in front of him when a police bullet to the shoulder knocks him down
DENVER — Denver police have identified the man who was shot while trying to use a woman as a human shield during a hostage standoff as 34-year-old Blas Leroux, but they are not saying anything about a possible motive.
Dramatic video shot by KDVR-TV shows Leroux leaving a 7-Eleven store with a hostage in front of him on Monday when a police bullet to the shoulder knocks him down and the woman runs away. Leroux was taken to a hospital where police said he is in critical condition.
Anthony Flores told KMGH-TV that he saw the shooting from across the street. He said the suspect didn't move after being shot.
Police say the man took three hostages, but one managed to escape.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert