Suspect in Ariz. Standoff Kills Self, Police Say
A suspect in an hourslong police stand-off in northeast Phoenix was found dead after SWAT officers stormed an apartment.
The stand-off began Tuesday night after the man allegedly pulled a gun on a woman and another man in an apartment.
The couple managed to get out and go to a nearby Circle K, where they called police.
Police said when officers arrived at the apartment complex near 40th Street and Union Hills the suspect fired several shots and barricaded himself in an apartment.
Some residents were evacuated.
The standoff lasted about five hours before police fired a flash-bang device. Then when officers entered the apartment, they say they found the suspect dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman