Kathy Vonk: Innovations in Police Academy Training
Ann Arbor Police Officer and Trainer for LOUKA Tactical and the Washtenaw Community College Police Academy Kathy Vonk talks to PoliceOne TV's Dave Smith about the importance of customizing your academy's program to meet the needs of your cadets. By evaluating their strengths and weaknesses from the beginning you can create a much more effective regimen that keeps the trainees working constantly towards higher levels of fitness.
About Kathleen Vonk:
Kathleen Vonk has been a certified police officer in the state of Michigan since 1988. She is an adjunct instructor for Team One Network teaching officer survival skills courses, and has taught survival and pistol courses for Heckler & Koch International Training Division (H&K). She is a certified firearms instructor, H&K Pistol Instructor, RedMan Simulation Training Instructor, Simunition Supervisor, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist(CSCS) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Health Promotion Director by the Cooper Institute, and is an FTO for her agency. She is a former NCAA Division I and II athlete in the sports of volleyball and softball. Learn more at loukatactical.com.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds