Special section: Active shooters
Ed. Note: The active shooter phenomenon poses unique challenges to law enforcement. Here is a compilation of articles from PoliceOne columnists on the critical topic. If you have experiences, comments, or ideas to share related to the active shooter, please email the editor by clicking here.
Ohio trainer makes the case for single officer entry against active killers
Solo officers v.s. active killers: Officers speak out
Protecting citizens from killers takes bravery, aggression and speed
The right stuff: Responding to an active shooter with limited manpower
Active Shooter Cycle: Train Now or Pay Later
Marksman Trainer: Active Shooter Response Work in Paris
Rapid Deployment Version 2
“Immediate de-animation” critical in some situations…active shooter calls among them
The Stopwatch of Death
The Stopwatch of Death: Part II
5 Phases of the Active Shooter Incident
Immediate Action Rapid Deployment - New "Rules of Engagement"
Active Shooter Equipment
Active shooter articles, insights & training resources
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house