Program launched to detect 'lone offenders'
By Kevin Johnson
Federal authorities have launched an effort to detect lone attackers who may be contemplating politically charged assaults similar to the recent slayings of a Kansas abortion doctor and a Holocaust museum security guard.
The effort, known as the "Lone Wolf Initiative," was started shortly after President Obama's inauguration, in part because of an increasing number of hate groups and surging gun sales.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Program launched to detect 'lone offenders'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy