Fearless officer who brought down Ft. Hood gunman is recovering
By Renee Nadeau
FORT HOOD, Texas — The pistol-packing mama who won a shootout with the man accused of killing 13 people at Fort Hood last week may be small in stature, but looms large in courage, according to comrades and neighbors from Newton to Texas.
“She really didn’t have a lot of fear,” said Dunn-Gaherin’s Food & Spirits owner Seana Gaherin, who was Kimberly Munley’s boss from 2003-2005, when the young cop did a stint as a waitress at the Newton pub on Eliot Street.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman