Pentagon officer knew 'something was about to happen'
Security officer on shooter: "I recognized a certain look on his face"
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Pentagon security officer Marvin L. Carraway Jr. saw the man walking toward him. A split second later, he saw the man's gun.
"When I looked at the shooter, he looked at me and I recognized a certain look on his face," said Carraway. "Once I saw that, what went through my mind -- 'This is it, something's about to happen.'"
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer