One killed, 4 hurt in Ariz. shootout
Attempted robbery began gunfight in which one robber died, another suffered life-threatening injuries
The Associated Press
TUCSON, Ariz. — Police say one man is dead and three others are wounded after they attempted to rob an Arizona store and got into a shootout with the owner and an employee.
Police say the shooting happened Tuesday night after the four men entered and tried to hold up the Tucson store M&M Customs, which sells auto alarms and stereos.
While the men confronted an employee, the store's owner brandished a gun and a shootout ensued. At some point, the employee also pulled a gun and fired at the suspected robbers.
Police say one of the robbers was killed, another suffered life-threatening injuries, and two others were not seriously wounded.
No names were released.
Police say the business owner suffered a non-life-threatening wound.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman