Ohio gun-violence panel tries profiling shooters
Police, prison data can find gun users 'to go after,' attorney general says
By Theodore Decker
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A panel studying gun violence in Ohio will meld data from police agencies and the prison system to determine who is most often responsible for the crimes and how to stop them from re-offending.
The Violent Crime with Guns Advisory Group was formed earlier this year by Attorney General Mike DeWine, who has called gun violence a scourge inflicted upon the state by a relatively few career criminals.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio gun-violence panel tries profiling shooters
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house