Ohio officials: Training paid off in school shooting
Teachers, law enforcement and even parents followed the district's plans
By Collin Binkley
The Columbus Dispatch
CHARDON, Ohio — Students and teachers knew what to do yesterday when a gunman started shooting.
"We've had a number of disaster drills in the past. Thank God we put those in place," Chardon school-district Superintendent Joseph Bergant II said. "We've been training for this."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman