Ohio officials: Training paid off in school shooting
Teachers, law enforcement and even parents followed the district's plans
By Collin Binkley
The Columbus Dispatch
CHARDON, Ohio — Students and teachers knew what to do yesterday when a gunman started shooting.
"We've had a number of disaster drills in the past. Thank God we put those in place," Chardon school-district Superintendent Joseph Bergant II said. "We've been training for this."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms