Run, Hide, Fight: Video shows how to survive a shooting attack
The film crew wrapped up the project two weeks before the July 20 shooting that left 12 dead in Aurora, Colo.
HOUSTON, Texas — After last week's mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., the City of Houston has released a how-to video on what people should do if a crazed gunman opens fire.
The video — "Run.Hide.Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event" — was produced and funded by the Mayor's Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security Department.
The film crew wrapped up the project two weeks before the July 20 shooting that left 12 dead and dozens of others injured during a midnight showing of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," said Dennis J. Storemski, who heads the city department.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house