Officer and robber shot during bank robbery pursuit
The officer was hit in the leg by one suspect, returned fire hit robber in 'lower extremities'
States News Service
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa — An Iowa police officer and a suspect in a credit union robbery were released from the hospital after being wounded in a shootout Friday morning during a chase after the credit union was robbed.
Two suspects robbed the Lennox Employees CU, Marshalltown, Iowa, at about 9:30 a.m. Friday, then fled the bank with Marshalltown police in pursuit. One suspect fired his gun and hit an Officer Vern Jefferson in the leg. Jefferson returned fire, wounding Ben Crisantos, 22, Marshalltown, in the lower extremities, said police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court