Officer and robber shot during bank robbery pursuit
The officer was hit in the leg by one suspect, returned fire hit robber in 'lower extremities'
States News Service
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa — An Iowa police officer and a suspect in a credit union robbery were released from the hospital after being wounded in a shootout Friday morning during a chase after the credit union was robbed.
Two suspects robbed the Lennox Employees CU, Marshalltown, Iowa, at about 9:30 a.m. Friday, then fled the bank with Marshalltown police in pursuit. One suspect fired his gun and hit an Officer Vern Jefferson in the leg. Jefferson returned fire, wounding Ben Crisantos, 22, Marshalltown, in the lower extremities, said police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman