Officer wounded, suspect dead in Mich. station shooting
The officer and suspect were both shot in the exchange of gunfire Sunday afternoon
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. — Police in suburban Detroit say an officer has been wounded in a shootout at a police station.
Southfield police Lt. Nick Loussia said the gunman was also wounded in the exchange of gunfire Sunday afternoon.
Loussia said the officer's injuries were not life-threatening. Loussia would not provide additional details. He said police would issue a statement later in the day.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds