2 shot at Tenn. Navy property, 1 in custody
A Navy recruiter who had been relieved of duty shot two people at a Navy base north of Memphis
By Adrian Sainz
MILLINGTON, Tenn. — U.S. Navy officials say a suspect is in custody after a shooting on Navy property at a facility in Tennessee.
A tweet on the Navy's official Twitter page says Naval Support Activity Midsouth in Millington, near Memphis, is on lockdown. One person is in custody, according to the Navy.
A Navy recruiter who had been relieved of duty shot two people at a Navy base north of Memphis and was quickly taken into custody, according to a law enforcement official who had been briefed on the developments.
The injuries were not life-threatening, said that official and another official, both of whom spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police