Man critically wounded in Memphis mall shooting, gunman at large
Four men who were originally detained are not believed to be suspects in the shooting
MEMPHIS — Police say the person responsible for a shooting inside a Memphis mall that left one man wounded is still at large.
Police say four teenagers stopped after the incident late Thursday afternoon are not suspects in the shooting but face theft and weapon possession charges. The Memphis Police Department said in a news release that it appears the four were at Oak Court Mall with the victim when the shooting occurred.
Police said the 22-year-old man who was wounded was hospitalized in stable condition Friday.
Police said Thursday night that officers were told there was a verbal confrontation before the shooting.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house