1 wounded in Las Vegas shopping mall shooting
Police are looking for a gunman after one person was shot in the shoulder at a Las Vegas mall
LAS VEGAS — Police are looking for a gunman after one person was shot in the shoulder at a Las Vegas mall.
Lt. Mark Reddon told the Las Vegas Review-Journal the Tuesday evening shooting stemmed from a fight at the food court in the Fashion Show Mall, which is known for its high-end stores.
Police say the victim ran down the escalator and onto Las Vegas Boulevard, and two suspects may have fled in a blue Dodge.
Reddon told the Review-Journal that the shooting may be gang-related.
Reddon said the shooting, reported at 6 p.m., forced stores in the mall to close early.
Las Vegas-based artist David Fleming, who says he was 40 feet away from the shooting, said his heart raced after he heard a loud shot and saw hundreds of people running toward him.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help