FULL LIST OF Advice Videos
Debbie Gardner: Women in Law Enforcement: Advice from a Trailblazer–
Betsy Brantner-Smith sits down with Debbie Gardner, female law enforcement officer and founder of the Survive Institute. She discusses how difficult it can be to recruit young women for law enforcement positions because of unrealistic expectations. As one of the first women in the U.S. to be assigned partol duty, alone, Debbie understands the insides and outs of what it is like to be a woman in this industry. She has advice for other women in the same position today.
PoliceOne top 5
- Mistrial declared in fatal SC OIS
- FBI agent arrested after firing gun at Mich. police
- 1 Ga. officer killed, 1 critical; shooter at large
- Video: Tenn. police lieutenant fatally shoots man charging at him
- Prosecutor drops charges in death of Detroit college officer
Can a career in law enforcement bridge the gap between military and civilian life?
There aren't many nine-to-five jobs that offer the same excitement you experienced in the military