Coast Guard seizes $100 million in cocaine
By Alexia Campbell
FORT LAUDERDALE — It wasn't your average speedboat. It was the high-powered kind with four engines used by dope smugglers, and that caught the attention of the U.S. Coast Guard.
Lt. Steve McCullough and his team hovered in a Coast Guard helicopter over the boat that was speeding through the western Caribbean. They flashed blue lights. They fired three machine-gun rounds into the air to warn the boat to stop, and when it didn't, they shot out two of its engines.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Coast Guard seizes $100 million in cocaine
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help