Ariz. police pushing voters to keep copters
By Gary Nelson
The Arizona Republic
MESA, Ariz. — If one of your family cars were a 1990 model that had been driven the equivalent of two solid years, you might be pondering a trade-in.
Air miles, of course, aren't the same as ground miles, but even at that, Mesa thinks it's about time to upgrade its police helicopter fleet.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ariz. police pushing voters to keep copters
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department