Coast Guard seizes $187 million in cocaine
By Joel Marino
MIAMI — A Miami-based U.S. Coast Guard crew patrolling the Pacific Ocean seized seven tons of cocaine worth more than $187 million from smugglers who'd crammed the drugs into a a semi-submersible vessel on Saturday, authorities said.
A U.S. Navy aircraft spotted the 59-foot SPSS vessel floating in the waters off the eastern Pacific Ocean, Coast Guard officials said on Tuesday. The seven-member Coast Guard crew responded aboard a Navy ship.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Coast Guard seizes $187 million in cocaine
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend