Coast Guard seizes $187 million in cocaine
By Joel Marino
MIAMI — A Miami-based U.S. Coast Guard crew patrolling the Pacific Ocean seized seven tons of cocaine worth more than $187 million from smugglers who'd crammed the drugs into a a semi-submersible vessel on Saturday, authorities said.
A U.S. Navy aircraft spotted the 59-foot SPSS vessel floating in the waters off the eastern Pacific Ocean, Coast Guard officials said on Tuesday. The seven-member Coast Guard crew responded aboard a Navy ship.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Coast Guard seizes $187 million in cocaine
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police