N.Y. police aviation unit in high demand
By Shawn Cohen
The Journal News
CORTLANDT, N.Y. — Westchester County Police Officer Michael Susi thinks he has one of the cooler jobs in the county with his office 1,800 feet up in the air.
"My office is the cockpit of a helicopter," Susi, chief pilot of the department's aviation unit, said yesterday as he showed off the county's latest chopper and all the gadgets that make it effective in fighting crime, assisting rescues, even dumping water on fires.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. police aviation unit in high demand
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house