N.Y. police aviation unit in high demand
By Shawn Cohen
The Journal News
CORTLANDT, N.Y. — Westchester County Police Officer Michael Susi thinks he has one of the cooler jobs in the county with his office 1,800 feet up in the air.
"My office is the cockpit of a helicopter," Susi, chief pilot of the department's aviation unit, said yesterday as he showed off the county's latest chopper and all the gadgets that make it effective in fighting crime, assisting rescues, even dumping water on fires.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. police aviation unit in high demand
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms