Heightened L.A. port security paying off
The multi-agency task force has seized cocaine bound for Australia and weapons headed for Mexico.
By Louis Sahagun
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — Since it was quietly deployed at the nation's busiest harbor complex in October, a new anti-smuggling task force has seized 140 pounds of cocaine bound for Australia, dozens of weapons headed for Mexico and 20 pounds of methamphetamine in cars being shipped to Hawaii.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Heightened L.A. port security paying off
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman