Searchers find body of missing N.M. police pilot
By Raam Wong and Phil Parker
As pilot Andrew Tingwall lifted his State Police helicopter off a snowy mountaintop Tuesday night, he could see the twinkling, orange lights of Santa Fe.
But within seconds fast-moving clouds had rolled in, completely blocking the cockpit view. Moments later, the twin-engine aircraft had crashed, tumbling and breaking apart as it rolled down a steep ravine. "The clouds got him," State Police Chief Faron Segotta said Thursday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Searchers find body of missing N.M. police pilot
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman