Searchers find body of missing N.M. police pilot
By Raam Wong and Phil Parker
As pilot Andrew Tingwall lifted his State Police helicopter off a snowy mountaintop Tuesday night, he could see the twinkling, orange lights of Santa Fe.
But within seconds fast-moving clouds had rolled in, completely blocking the cockpit view. Moments later, the twin-engine aircraft had crashed, tumbling and breaking apart as it rolled down a steep ravine. "The clouds got him," State Police Chief Faron Segotta said Thursday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Searchers find body of missing N.M. police pilot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests