Fla. man pointed laser at sheriff's helicopter
By Juan Ortega
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Be careful where you aim laser pointers, the Broward Sheriff's Office urged Tuesday after a man was accused of "temporarily blinding" a sheriff's pilot by shining such a device at his helicopter in Hallandale Beach.
The pilot and two crew members were able to land safely, but "it could have cost a life," said sheriff's spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion. Federal law prohibits pointing laser pointers at aircraft, she said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. man pointed laser at sheriff's helicopter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy