Ga. pilot tried to strike officers with plane
By Megan Matteucci
ATLANTA — A pilot is in jail after almost striking two officers with his plane and shutting down the Griffin-Spalding Airport for 45 minutes, police said.
Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, from Griffin, a commercial airline pilot and private instructor, is being held in the Spalding County jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of obstruction.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. pilot tried to strike officers with plane
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms