Ga. pilot tried to strike officers with plane
By Megan Matteucci
ATLANTA — A pilot is in jail after almost striking two officers with his plane and shutting down the Griffin-Spalding Airport for 45 minutes, police said.
Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, from Griffin, a commercial airline pilot and private instructor, is being held in the Spalding County jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of obstruction.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. pilot tried to strike officers with plane
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds