In high-speed chases, police make life-or-death choices
The San Antonio PD helicopter, Blue Eagle, plays an important role in the city's policing, but it was able to assist in only about a third of all pursuits
By John Tedesco
San Antonio Express-News
On the hot afternoon of May 7, 2008, Joseph Cannon was driving in Leon Valley when he glimpsed a black Nissan Pathfinder barreling the wrong way along Evers Road, speeding toward him.
There was no time to think, no time to react. Just a deafening crash as the Pathfinder slammed into a Cadillac in front of Cannon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic