In high-speed chases, police make life-or-death choices
The San Antonio PD helicopter, Blue Eagle, plays an important role in the city's policing, but it was able to assist in only about a third of all pursuits
By John Tedesco
San Antonio Express-News
On the hot afternoon of May 7, 2008, Joseph Cannon was driving in Leon Valley when he glimpsed a black Nissan Pathfinder barreling the wrong way along Evers Road, speeding toward him.
There was no time to think, no time to react. Just a deafening crash as the Pathfinder slammed into a Cadillac in front of Cannon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court