Felony charge against ex-Ga. cop considered
DA "didn't realize there was an investigation concerning the boat fatality" of a fellow officer drowned on Lake Allatoona
By Rhonda Cook
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Felony charges are still possible against a former Cobb police officer and a passenger on the boat the April night another officer drowned on Lake Allatoona.
Cherokee District Attorney Garry Moss on Thursday had rejected the felony charge of lying against Sgt. Kenneth Reda and temporarily sent the case to the county solicitor to be prosecuted as misdemeanor obstruction and giving false statement charges.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Felony charge against ex-Ga. cop considered
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help