Philly teen charged with shining laser at police helicopter
Shined a laser pointer into the cockpit of a city police helicopter, temporarily blinding the pilot
By Troy Graham
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia teenager was convicted Thursday in Family Court of shining a laser pointer into the cockpit of a city police helicopter, temporarily blinding the pilot.
Struck more than five times by the light, the pilot was so disoriented that he had to turn over the controls to his copilot, Assistant District Attorney Nicole Siller said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house