Two arrested for shining laser at Chicago police helicopter
Beam was aimed at a commercial flight at Chicago's Midway Airport and again at a police helicopter that responded
CHICAGO — Charges were pending against two people suspected of aiming a laser beam at a police helicopter and commercial aircraft, authorities in Chicago said.
Police said they received a report of a laser beam aimed at a commercial flight at Chicago's Midway Airport Thursday evening and when a police helicopter was sent to check, the beam was aimed at it as well, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.
Police said a 23-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were arrested about five miles east of the airport.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house