Ohio sheriff envisions new regional aviation unit
He will pitch teh aviation unit idea to the first of several groups of sheriffs from Ohio's other 87 counties next month
By Holly Zachariah
The Columbus Dispatch
MARION, Ohio — Marion County Sheriff Tim Bailey has four helicopters in a hangar at the local airport.
He readily admits that he doesn't need four helicopters. But his sheriff's office has successfully run an aviation unit since 1974, and he knows how it is done.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house