Ohio sheriff envisions new regional aviation unit
He will pitch teh aviation unit idea to the first of several groups of sheriffs from Ohio's other 87 counties next month
By Holly Zachariah
The Columbus Dispatch
MARION, Ohio — Marion County Sheriff Tim Bailey has four helicopters in a hangar at the local airport.
He readily admits that he doesn't need four helicopters. But his sheriff's office has successfully run an aviation unit since 1974, and he knows how it is done.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court