Mo. Trooper still missing; K-9's body recovered
The trooper and his K-9 disappeared while on flood duty on Monday
By Kim Norvell
St. Joseph News-Press
BIG LAKE, Mo. — A switch in recovery tactics proved successful Tuesday in locating the body of the K-9 member of a missing highway patrol trooper duo. But 17-year veteran Fred Guthrie Jr. is still missing in Northwest Missouri floodwaters.
The 46-year-old trooper and his 5-year-old K-9, Reed, disappeared while on flood duty in Holt County on Monday. A search-and-rescue mission began at 3 p.m. and continued until 11 p.m. Monday, before it turned to a "water recovery effort" that started at daylight Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mo. Trooper still missing; K-9's body recovered
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman