Cops in Colombia seize 2 narco-submarines in 1 week
Colombia has seized 2 cocaine-loaded submarines used by drug cartels
Xinhua General News Service
BOGOTA, Colombia — Colombian police have seized a submarine used by drug cartels to ship cocaine in international waters, authorities said Monday.
It's a sophisticated vessel equipped with modern navigation systems, and was caught in a village in the remote western province of Choco on the Pacific coast, south of Panama, according to Carlos Enrique Rodriguez, deputy director of the anti-narcotics police.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman