Two held in Coast Guard officer's death
A federal complaint charged the men in the death of the officer who was fatally injured when the boats collided
LOS ANGELES — U.S. prosecutors charged two Mexican nationals with killing a U.S. Coast Guard officer when they rammed their boat into his, the Justice Department said.
A federal criminal complaint filed Monday in Los Angeles charged the men in the death of Chief Petty Officer Terrell Horne III, who was fatally injured Sunday while Horne and another Coast Guard member were scoping out a suspicious panga boat — a 30-foot-long open-bowed fishing vessel — near Santa Cruz Island in the Channel Islands National Park, Justice officials said in a release.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Two held in Coast Guard officer's death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy