Video: NYPD saves ship engineer in helicopter rescue mission
Police staged a nighttime helicopter rescue mission, saving the life of the ship's 60-year-old chief engineer, who had a heart attack
By Marc Santora
The New York Times Blogs
NEW YORK — A 60-year-old engineer aboard the Grey Shark had a heart attack Tuesday night and had to be airlifted to a hospital on Staten Island.
The New York police staged a nighttime helicopter rescue mission in New York Harbor on Tuesday, saving the life of the ship's 60-year-old chief engineer, who had a heart attack while the 360-foot cargo vessel was anchored far from shore.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper