Trooper, 2 others confirmed dead in Alaska helicopter crash
Officer Tage Toll was among the three killed when their helicopter crashed following a rescue mission
Duty Death: Tage Toll - [Anchorage, Alaska]
End of Service: 03/30/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
TALKEETNA, Alaska — Three men, including a trooper, have been confirmed dead in a helicopter crash after rescuing an injured man who crashed his snow machine Saturday evening.
The body of Trooper Tage Toll, 40, was found after a massive search the next morning. The troopers had lost radio contact at about 11 PM, an hour after rescuing Carl Ober, according to the Alaska Dispatch.
Ober and state trooper pilot Mel Nading were also killed in the crash.
Toll had served with the Alaska State Troopers for 10 years, and had previously served with the Kansas Highway Patrol, according to ODMP.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the cause of the accident.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen