Video: Brazilian police crash into drug smuggler aircraft
230kg of cocaine paste was seized and 5 were arrested by the end of the raid
SANTA VITAACORIA, Brazil — Dramatic footage from a Brazilian police raid shows them ramming a drug-smuggling plane as it attempts to take off.
The video, which was posted to the internet last Thursday, appears to show an intense few moments for Brazilian federal police in Santa Vitaacória. Gunfire rings out as the vehicle approaches a light aircraft from behind on a remote, dusty airstrip.
One of the car's occupants shouts urgently as the vehicle closes quickly, ramming and destroying the aircraft's tail. Brazilian news reports say five people were arrested in the raid which recovered some 230kg of cocaine paste.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help