Fla. police add boat to fleet purchased with seized money
The $145,000 boat wasn't paid for by city taxpayers, but by the very people it's designed to pursue
By Eliot Kleinberg
Palm Beach Post
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — The bad guys on the briny have yet another foe to consider.
It's a sleek white 32-footer with twin 300-horsepower outboards, top-of-the-line electronics, and, on top, a flashing blue and white light and a really loud speaker through which the two men aboard can shout, "Boynton Beach police."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Grants
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy