Fla. police add boat to fleet purchased with seized money
The $145,000 boat wasn't paid for by city taxpayers, but by the very people it's designed to pursue
By Eliot Kleinberg
Palm Beach Post
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — The bad guys on the briny have yet another foe to consider.
It's a sleek white 32-footer with twin 300-horsepower outboards, top-of-the-line electronics, and, on top, a flashing blue and white light and a really loud speaker through which the two men aboard can shout, "Boynton Beach police."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help