Airborne / Maritime
FULL LIST OF Airborne / Maritime Tips
Use air support to run thieves back to you–
The bad guys adjust their tactics and behavior based on reality TV shows, their own “training,” and knowledge of how we operate. A few years back, a major East Coast city was dubbed the “car theft capital of the world” and everyone knew that if the police gave chase, the bad guys could simply drive out of the city and the cops would terminate the pursuit. Once the agency obtained a helicopter, things changed.
Cop or bad guy? Help them know from the air.–
For airborne units searching visually or with the forward looking infra red (FLIR), it can get very difficult for crews to distinguish between good guys and bad guys, particularly if plainclothes officers are searching.
Tips for effectively using air support–
In this week’s PoliceOne Video Tip, produced by the Law Enforcement Training Network, we explore the use of police air support for crime-fighting efforts on the ground, and share tips for making sure grounded and airborne officers know how to work together safely and effectively.
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms