Pa. probation officer, parolee wounded in ambush shooting
Both victims are expected to survive
By PoliceOne Staff
PITTSBURGH — A probation officer and his parolee were wounded in an ambush-style shooting.
According to KDKA Pittsburgh, the two were sitting on the parolee’s front porch Wednesday when two men fired nearly 12 shots at them.
A bullet penetrated the skull of the probation officer, but police said he was walking and talking when he was en route to the hospital. The parolee was shot five times and was in surgery Thursday morning. Both victims are expected to survive their injuries.
“At the time of transport, both victims were responsive to paramedics,” Police Supt. Coleman McDonough told KDKA.
The suspects fled and remain at large. Police describe them as two black males in their late teens or 20s, wearing all black clothing.
An investigation is ongoing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house