Video: Police crack down on drunken golf cart drivers
There are more than 10,000 registered golf carts in Peachtree City
PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. — It's a danger that is unique to one Fayette County city: drunken drivers cruising in their golf carts.
Peachtree City police shared video of a recent traffic stop in which they had to pull a Taser on a drunken driving suspect who they said had just caused a scene at a bar. Lt. Mark Brown told Channel 2's Carl Willis the scene was just one example of how people may be getting too comfortable drinking and then getting behind the wheel of golf carts.
"We have over 10,000 registered golf carts in Peachtree City," Brown said. "It's a mode of transportation with 100 miles of cart path, so it is a public safety problem."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house