Ga. 'Officer of the Year' murdered in her home
Crystal Parker, 32, was found with a gunshot wound in her head by police who came to check on her
EAST POINT, Ga. — Authorities say a suburban Atlanta police officer who was found dead in her house was killed by a gunshot wound to her head.
Fulton County Medical Examiner's officials said Tuesday that the death of 32-year-old Crystal Parker has been ruled a homicide. Parker was a seven-year veteran of the East Point Police Department and was named 2012 Officer of the Year for the department.
Parker was found dead in her south Fulton County house Sunday night after police were asked to check on her because she hadn't been in touch with friends and family for several days. The town's mayor says she was off duty when she was found.
Authorities have said Parker's home south of Atlanta had also been burglarized in mid-June.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend