Video: Ohio cop struck by car at traffic stop
Police are looking for the driver of a dark blue sedan that swiped an officer who had stopped another motorist
HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio — Police are looking for a driver that struck a police officer during a traffic stop early Saturday morning.
Huber Heights Police released cruiser cam video that shows Sgt. Tony Ashley attempting a traffic stop on Brant Pike near Thomas Cloud Park. A dark blue car doesn't slow down and side swipes the officer with his car.
Sgt. Ashley jumped in his patrol car and goes after the car that just hit him but he couldn't tell which car it was and loses the hit-and-run driver. Police said the officer went to the hospital, but did not receive any serious injuries.
Full Story: Officer Injured In Hit And Run Accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help