Video: NJ couple attacks transit cop on rush-hour train
When the officer boarded the train, both suspects attacked him
By PoliceOne Staff
UNION, N.J. — Cell phone video captures an assault on a New Jersey transit officer after a dispute over bringing bikes on a train.
The Star-Ledger reports 27-year-old Chris Sanchez and 20-year-old Antonella Urtecho were acting belligerent on the train June 19 and were told by the crew to exit on the next stop.
When the transit officer boarded the train, both suspects attacked the officer. As the officer attempted to arrest Sanchez, Urtecho bit him.
Bystanders then intervened as the officer waited for backup to arrive, according to the report.
Sanchez and Urtecho were charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, and interfering with transportation.
The officer was treated for the bite wound and released.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house