Video: Traffic stop turns to scuffle between Miami cop, IA lieutenant
Police are unsure what caused the confrontation, but the Internal Affairs lieutenant offered identification before exiting the vehicle
By PoliceOne Staff
MIAMI — A video taken by a Miami officer’s personal camera captures a confrontation between the officer and a lieutenant during a traffic stop.
The Miami Herald reports Officer Marcel Jackson stopped Lt. David Ramras last month when the altercation occurred.
After Jackson approaches the lieutenant’s vehicle, Ramras can be heard yelling, “You do know who the [expletive] I am.”
Jackson responds, “No, I don’t.”
Police Chief Manuel Orosa told the Miami Herald that police are unsure what caused the confrontation, but that Ramras offered identification before exiting the vehicle.
Ramras has been removed from internal affairs during the investigation.
Jackson — who recorded the incident on an unauthorized, personal camera — has been suspended with pay after refusing to provide police with the camera and for multiple traffic violations.
The police investigation has been turned over to the State’s Attorney’s Office to determine if charges will be pressed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert